1qt. RUGGLES Butter Pecan Ice Cream
1 cup Pumpkin
1/2 qt. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/3 cup melted butter
Mix all ingredients (minus ice cream) together and pour into pie crust.
Scoop softened ice cream onto pie surface, covering the already poured ingredients.
Chill in freezer
1/3 of Angel food cake or 1/2 of angel food loaf
2 Cup (1pt.) RUGGLES Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
1 cup fresh Blueberries
1 cup milk
1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding
1 pkg. strawberry Jello
1 cup boiling water
1. Break up angel food into small pieces and Combine with ice cream, milk and pudding.
2. Pour Jello and water over cake. DO NOT STIR.
3. Add 1 package of frozen strawberries. Pour over cake and ice cream. DO NOT STIR.
4. Chill or freeze.
1 pkg. chocolate wafer cookies (crushed)
1/3 cup butter (melted)
2 cups powdered sugar
2 squares semisweet chocolate
1/2 cup margarine
3 eggs, seperate white and yolks (need both)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
2 qts. RUGGLES Cookies & Cream ice cream
1. Combine crushed cookies, 1/3 cup melted butter.
2. Divide mixture in 1/2, set 1/2 aside for topping. Put other 1/2 in bottom of 9x13 dish.
3. Cook: sugar, chocolate, 1/2 cup margarine, egg yolks, vanilla & salt.
4. Bring to boil, stirring constantly, then cool 10 minutes.
5. Beat egg whits stiff. Mix with above filling.
6. Spoon over crumbs in dish
7. Let the ice cream soften some and spread over crumbs and filling in dish.
8. Top with crumbs, freeze, cover with foil. Keeps up to 3 months.
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup sliced almonds
1 qt. Ruggles French Vanilla ice cream
1 cup frosted cornflakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a large baking sheet with parchment.
2. Place butter, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and cook in microwave on high for 1 minute, until butter has melted. Stir to combine.
3. Place almonds in a small bowl; pour butter mixture over, tossing to coat. Spread almonds on baking sheet.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Let cool on baking sheet on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
5. Line a second baking sheet with parchment and place in freezer. Let ice cream stand at room temperature 15 minutes to soften.
6. Pulse almond mixture, cornflakes and salt in food processor until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Transfer mixture to a shallow dish.
7. Scoop ice cream into balls using a 1 1/4-inch scoop. Roll in almond mixture, gently pressing onto balls. Arrange on baking sheet in freezer. Freeze truffles for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
2 containers RUGGLES Buckeye Blast Ice Cream
1/2 stick of butter, melted
Oreo cookies, crushed
Chocolate sauce (optional)
RUGGLES works best with this recipe as it refreezes the best.
1. Let ice cream thaw about 1/2 hour.
2. Crush enough oreos to cover bottom of "9x13" pan.
3. Drizzle melted margarine over the crushed cookies and pat down.
4. Freeze about 15 minutes.
5. Spread ice cream over the top and drizzle with chocolate sauce, if desired.
6. Freeze at least 5 hours.
Best to make the day before.
Salsa out of a jar can get a bit boring, so spice things up with this simple, healthy & really tasty summer salsa recipe
1 cup finely chopped strawberries
1/4 cup finely chopped & peeled avocado
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
1/4 teaspoon sugar
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; toss gently. Serve immediately.
recipe courtesy of www.cookinglight.com
It's Ruggles chocolate week! And to celebrate, we're going to be making Ruggles Mint Chocolate Chip Pie.
This is a refrigerated dessert that uses one bowl, and is ideal for a child to make because it requires no cooking.
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes, plus time to set (at least an hour)
1 prepared chocolate wafer pie crust (purchased)
1 package of chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
2/3 cup SMITHS 2% milk
2 cups RUGGLES Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (softened)
1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
6 small candy canes for garnish (optional)
Wisk instant pudding mix with milk.
Stir in softened ice cream until completly blended.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour into prepared pie crust and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Garnish with small candy canes, and store in refrigerator, not the freezer.
What's FRESH at the North Union Farmers Market? Strawberries and Broccoli! Visit our locally grown board in partnership with Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District. Check out this great recipe for Strawberry Broccoli Salad.
What's FRESH at the North Union Farmers Market? Spring Greens! Check out our locally grown board in partnership with Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District. Check out this great recipe for spring green asparagus & arugula salad.