8-10 pieces per strudel
5 sheets of phyllo per strudel
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 recipe pancetta provolone filling, cooled
1/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Spread one sheet of phyllo dough on top of a towel, brush with butter and sprinkle Italian breadcrumbs on top, top with a second sheet of phyllo and repeat so you will have five complete layers.
3) Place filling on top of the prepared phyllo
4) Roll up jelly roll style, place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
5) With a serrated knife cut into slices, brush with butter.
6) Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
* The box of phyllo will have more sheets so you can prepare three more strudels by quadrupling the recipe. Bake or wrap and place in the freezer.
Pancetta Provolone Filling
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup pancetta, diced
1/4 cup onions, diced
1/4 cup zucchini, diced
1/4 cup Roma tomatoes, deseeded and diced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp. Italian seasonings
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 1/2 cups shredded Provolone Cheese
In a medium sauté pan, heat olive oil. Add onions and sauté until transparent. Add zucchini, pancetta, garlic, tomatoes, and spices. Sauté until vegetables are tender. Remove and set aside to cool. Mix in cheese.