Sponsored by The American Heart Association, to take the sodium pledge click HERE!
Makes 10 Servings
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/4 cup reduced-fat blue cheese
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 pound ground chicken breast
1 small red bell pepper, minced
3 tablespoons reduced-sodium bottled hot pepper sauce
2 tablespoons plain dry whole wheat bread crumbs
1 shallot, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups celery sticks
2 1/2 cups carrot sticks
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray.
2. To make the dressing combine mayonnaise, sour cream, blue cheese, lemon juice and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Cover and refrigerate to allow the flavors to blend, about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine ground chicken, bell pepper, 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce, bread crumbs, shallot, garlic, and salt in a large bowl until well mixed. With lightly moistened hands, from the mixture into 30 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Place on the baking sheet. Bake until meatballs are lightly browned and cooked through, 12-15 minutes.
5. Transfer meatballs to a large bowl. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce and gently toss until coated. Serve with the dressing, celery and carrot sticks.
Nutrition Information per serving (3 meatballs with scant 2 tablespoons dressing, 1/2 cup celery sticks, 1/2 cup carrot sticks):
Total Fat 12g (Sat. 1.5g Trans 0g)
Salsa out of a jar can get a bit boring, so spice things up with this simple, healthy & really tasty summer salsa recipe
1 cup finely chopped strawberries
1/4 cup finely chopped & peeled avocado
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded jalape√Īo pepper
1/4 teaspoon sugar
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; toss gently. Serve immediately.
recipe courtesy of www.cookinglight.com
What's FRESH at the North Union Farmers Market? Strawberries and Broccoli! Visit our locally grown board in partnership with Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District. Check out this great recipe for Strawberry Broccoli Salad.
What's FRESH at the North Union Farmers Market? Spring Greens! Check out our locally grown board in partnership with Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District. Check out this great recipe for spring green asparagus & arugula salad.
Opening Day isn't just for Baseball! The North Union Farmers Market returns on Saturday, April 12th at Crocker Park. What's in season now? Fresh greens! Check out this amazing recipe for Kale & Apple Salad with Pancetta and Candied Pecans!
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup of regular oats (quick or regular)
2/3 cups of apple sauce (can sub sugar)
1tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
1 cup of water (can sub milk or almond milk)
5tbsp of melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
2+ mashed bananas (the more ripe the better)
¬Ĺ+ cup of raisins
¬Ĺ+ cup of walnuts
¬Ĺ cup blue berries
¬Ĺ cup cranberries
(Other dried or frozen fruits)
Heat oven to 350
Coat bread pan with cooking spray
Combine flour, applesauce, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl
Combine bananas, butter, vanilla, water, spices and fruit in another bowl
Combine both mixtures
Spoon into bread pan
Bake about 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean